PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE VACANCIES FOR VOLUNTEER CLEANING on Thursday, Friday & Sunday mornings – please see details below (Updated October 16th 2021)
SAFE Haven is our Cat Rehoming Centre in Roseville. If you can help us to care for our cats on a regular basis on Friday or Sunday between 10am & 1pm every week please get in touch! We ask that all volunteers become members of SAFE & perhaps buy a SAFE T-shirt to wear to work!
This is a very important job which ensures our cats are kept healthy & comfortable. Working as part of the team you will find yourself cleaning the cat suites, washing food bowls, scoops and litter trays and sweeping and mopping the floors. And when that’s all done there’s some time to socialise with the cats.
You need to be able to work independently but also co-operate with other members of a small team. You must be able to follow quite complex instructions in a responsible way and adhere to strict protocols which are in place both to help prevent the spread of disease and to ensure the health & safety of both you and the cats. If suitable you will need to undergo a 3 hour training session. Unfortunately as we are a small charity we currently do not have the resources to take on Duke of Edinburgh volunteers because of the supervision and paperwork requirements.
Volunteering is a very satisfying experience as you are directly helping to care for beautiful cats. Each volunteer usually finds a special soul and falls in love….again and again!
Interested in applying to help? please note if you don’t live close to Roseville please make the journey first so that you know how long it will take.
When you Contact us please include answers to the following questions in the Information section. Thank you!
- Why do you want to help & what is your job situation? (Please state If volunteering is part of an Animal Studies course or if you are volunteering as a stop gap until you find a job or as part of school community volunteering)
- What suburb do you live in ?
- Are you physically fit & able to bend and stretch?
- Can you work independently & as part of a team?
- Can you follow detailed instructions without any ongoing assistance?
- What experience do you have with cats?
- Which mornings are you free between 10 & 1pm? (negotiable)
- Please confirm that you are over 17 years old