ITEMS FOR CATS – PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT NEED BULKY ITEMS SUCH AS DOONAS, DOUBLE/QUEEN SIZE LINEN OR PILLOWS. ANY NEW/ALMOST NEW ITEMS SUCH AS SCRATCHING POSTS & TOYS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED
ITEMS FOR DOGS – IF YOU HAVE NEW/NEARLY NEW TOYS, LEADS OR LARGE SOFT BEDS WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT TAKE KENNELS, BOWLS, JACKETS OR BLANKETS
We suggest you approach other rescue organisations/vets if you have items we cannot take.
Our cats live in self contained temperature controlled suites which never get too hot or too cold. As a result during Summer like to lie on cool surfaces. During Winter their suites don’t need a lot of bedding.
As well as volunteering at SAFE Haven you can help in other ways:
- Print and display animal profiles (you can print from the website) and letterboxing SAFE flyers in your local neighbourhood (these can be picked up from SAFE Haven)
- Donate new or nearly new animal related items to SAFE
We struggle to find people who have enough TIME & commitment to help us out with…..
- Picking up the dirty laundry from SAFE Haven in Roseville, washing and drying it, then dropping it back (preferably twice a week)
- Help for the Fundraising Co-ordinator
- Transport around Sydney (e.g. food and litter, cats to and from the vet)
- Facilitating corporate donations and sponsorships for SAFE
- Contacting animal loving celebrities to become ambassadors for SAFE
Let us know how you can help! If you have the compassion, skills and time to make a difference