Soxy is a sweet boy who enjoys attention but he will be shy when you first meet him at SAFE. Soxy will initially hide when you take him home and it will likely be some time before he feels comfortable enough to emerge when you are around. It will be very important that you take things at Soxy’s pace and avoid forcing interaction with him until he is ready. We will provide more information and guidance about this during the adoption process.
Soxy was an urban stray and he has come a long way since coming into care. If you can give him some time and are patient we believe he will come around and be a loving cat, however he might never be a ‘lap cat’.
Due to current COVID movement restrictions we have had to put temporary measures in place. If you live in a LGA hotspot we would prefer that you don’t attend SAFE Haven during this time. Should you live outside one of these LGAs please review the information below on how to proceed.
If the statements below describe you & your home, please call 0404 753 227.
- I do not have children living at home
- I have a quiet home
- I am prepared for Soxy to take a long time (potentially months) to properly settle in
- I have a small quiet room that Soxy can use to get used to
- I am happy for Soxy to hide in his own space while he gets used to his new environment
- I am willing to accept that Soxy may never be a lap cat
If Soxy isn’t the cat for you please monitor our website for your perfect match!